Well, la-ti-da! I’ve been officially blogging for 1 year and the fine people at WordPress sent me a note to say congrats.
What started out as a complete experiment (for a marketing project) turned out to be quite rewarding. Mostly thanks to all a’ y’all and my overstuffed brain with lotsa’ junk to write about.
Here is what I learned from this experience.
1. I am funnier when I write than when I am ‘in the moment’ (I so envy those natch funny peeps)
2. More people respond when I am serious in my heartfelt, emotional posts.
3. I am one step closer to actually working in the field that I studied and always wanted to do, but chickened out.
4. I think I WILL write that book…eventually.
5. The day before my blogaversary, I reached my highest ‘likes’ on a given post *which was only like 7 people, I think, even though almost 100 people actually read it.
That last one for me is the biggest deal. After writing about 120 posts, I still have the ability to impact a response – more than when I started all full of gusto and ideas and not just throwing out random thoughts. I have tapped back into my creative thought process, have ways to expand upon what I began and am looking forward to branching out in various connected areas. I have met amazing other bloggers, at a scavenger hunt and various forums and conferences. I have met others involved in social media and marketing and I feel like while I am not one of the main characters in this play, I have my part.
So, in closing, I thank you.
Worldwide my words have reached and I am so very appreciative and flattered.
I hope to keep you entertained and interested as long as I can, while still fulfilling my creative need.
Until next time, Chubby