This is a great dating game. Dating can be difficult if you are not the creative type, no worries though, here is something that can help you out! I have a friend Neil who owned (it’s still in our possession) a book with tons of questions, that was a great tool to use on a date to get to know someone. Sometimes things on a date get awkward and you run out of things to say or to ask.
As it happens, while driving to work this morning I asked my husband an “If you could, would you” question (that as far as I know is NOT in the book but I thought about how it’s like the same idea).
While the actual question I asked him is irrelevant and private – it had me thinking along the lines of other like questions:
So I posed these to him: (my answers are in red)
If you could grow wings and have the ability to fly, would you want them? (no)
If you could roller blade to work and not worry about getting hurt (from traffic), would you? (probably only once)
Now I can’t stop thinking about various scenarios and what I would do. Here is a list of 15 questions I came up with. Feel free to use any of them on your next date!
- If you could sleep whenever you wanted without any repercussions, would you? (Heck, yeah!)
- If you could eat hot dogs every day, would you? (For the first week, maybe)
- If you could choose any job in the world, would you care about the hours? (Not if I really loved it)
- If you had the ability to understand animals, would you want the ability to speak back to them? (Definitely)
- If you could be any height you wished, would you choose to be taller? (No-brainer)
- If you could have microscope glasses, would you wear them all the time? – This one intrigued me most. (I think I’d get a headache and never be able to focus on anything in particular. It would be like when you play the game Tetris for too long then close your eyes and you still see pieces falling!)
- If you could blink your eyes and transport your body to any other place, would you? (Now, this is a cool concept, but I’d be afraid)
- If you could communicate with the dead, would you? (NO WAY!)
- If you could dial any number at random at no cost, would you start conversations with anyone who answers? (You know I would)
- If you could live in The Igloo Village in Kakslauttanen, Finland, would you. (I’d want to vacation there – but not live there)
- If you could swim as fast as a shark, would you challenge it to a race (assuming you already answered yes to #4)? (I am possibly the world’s worst swimmer – and no, since he can swim as fast as me – he can gobble me up just as quickly if he were upset about losing!)
- If you could join the circus, would you? (Nah, those artsy people are kinda’ weird)
- If you could be sure about winning a food eating contest (for no other prize besides the satisfaction of being called the winner) would you enter? http://eatfeats.com/category/eating-challenges (this is so gross – I can’t believe how many there are)
- If you could be a guest on a television series (reality show perhaps with a chance to win tons of cash) but would walk away with less dignity, would you be willing to sign a disclaimer that they could use whatever unedited version the producers chose? (tempting – but no. No amount of money is worth degrading yourself)
- If you could, would you? Mooing for money. Check this out
When it comes to mooing, 10-year-old Austin Siok is an expert. The Dyer Intermediate School fifth-grader won an annual mooing contest at the Wisconsin State Fair because he sounded more like a real cow than the other about 80 contest participants. Austin has mooed a lot since kindergarten and said he started doing it even more this summer after his family read about a mooing contest at the Racine County Fair and decided to enter Austin. Austin practiced enough that he did well in the Racine County Fair contest and qualified to compete at the State Fair last Wednesday. He ended up winning the contest, which was for anyone over age 5, after a moo-off with the second place winner. For his win, Austin got $1,000, a cow print jacket, a golden cowbell and a year’s worth of free subs from Cousins Subs, which sponsored the contest. (Link)
Read more at http://www.oddee.com/item_97171.aspx#1poxgvyuU0oy2e17.99
How cute is that little guy? Weird Stuff On Wednesday has been saved by little Austin Siok! Thanks, kiddo!
Feel free to answer any of the questions above or leave comments below. I’m interested in hearing what you have to say. I’d also love to hear the questions you’d come up, ‘if you could, would you?’ You can really get to learn a lot about people, whether you are dating them or just hanging out with your already significant other – it sure is a fun way to pass the morning drive to work when there is traffic. I had lots of fun thinking up these 15 questions. I will also take requests: if you have an idea for a topic for Weird Stuff on Wednesday, I’d be more than willing to oblige and do the research and write something up about your idea!